Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today

What is the best day- ever??? Today? Not always... Any day I spend time with my girls? Not always... any day that I spend time outdoors? Not always...

My best days are when I am not wishing, wanting, or need to be doing something else. My best days are spent Just living in the NOW.When we moved, my mom gave me a scrapbook page that had this saying on it. Since we have been here I have to get out the page and remind myself it is NOW, and live today. Today it is rainy and dreary here in Oregon and I miss my family TONS. But I have my beautiful girls who keep me going, I have a husband who is working hard and loves me, so with mixed emotions and bad days I will remember, it is NOW... And that is the best day ever!!

10 comments:

Billie Sue said...

Oh - what a melancholy post! But -- the best part of it is, you know the right stuff! It is hard to live away and long for your family! Those girls are so beautiful and you do have a great husband! The day will come when you will be able to live back here and we will all be happy! We love you, the girls and your great husband!

Giselle Rasheta said...

I promise it gets easier...You did way better than me. You got busy as soon as you got there and discovered all the great things you could do there. I laid on a couch for three months and cried everyday.

If you're like me, you won't ever miss your family less or wish you could see them whenever you want, but you will come to realize that NOW really is the best time, and that it's just a tiny piece of forever that will help shape your life and the lives of your family.

I love you! Stay positive, and take care of those cutie patooties for me...

Alayna's Creations said...

awww, sorry it was a down day. You've got the right idea though by focusing on the positive - or what I call "mind control" when Sam is gone. I don't get to control when I run into sad moments, but I do control how long I stay that way. Hang in there! And remember you get to come visit soon!

Britany said...

Thanks for the reminder! I think as moms we have to constantly remind ourselves to live in the now. I too often think, "I can't wait until..."

Are you going home for the holidays? We are staying here so no cold weather for us! :)

Anonymous said...

That is just what I needed to hear! Thank you!

Cheri said...

We all need to be reminded to live in the now. Mothers tend to think about what still needs to be done and on and on. Thanks for reminding me to live in the now! Hope you're having a better day.

Chelsea Johnson said...

We miss you too! Luckily you have all those great things in your life to keep you going!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I totally understand how you feel. The funny thing is when you do come home you will find yourself missing things about Oregon! I love the saying about living in the now, and thanks for posting President Monson's comments from conference. I totally need to follow his advice!!!!

Holmes Family said...

Beau, thanks for your post. I haven't always been okay living far away from family. It does take some time. You have definitely got the right aspect on how to live life. Live in the moment and make each one as memorable as it can be with your two precious little girls and your husband!

Pays said...

Those are hard days. Just think, you will come back home to all of us around here before too long. You know what you are doing- it is always good to vent a little bit anyway! Love ya-