Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I love adventures...



Did I really just say that?? Cuz sometimes I wonder about this adventure, but really this is just one of those reminders that life is a adventure...



Yesterday Reece was sitting on my lap while I was reading e-mails and looking at blogs. I was looking at what everyone was doing and e-mails that I had lists of things I needed to do. I noticed Reece there because she was rubbing my arm like she always does when she is tired or wants to snuggle, I had even told her to hold still about 10 times. But I did not really notice her until she all of a sudden jumped up and said " Well mom I am off to an adventure" I stopped for a minute and wondered what in the world I was doing. Why was I not taking advantage of her sitting on my lap wanting to snuggle with me? I thought about all the adventures she will go on... and I am afraid one day soon she is going to jump up and tell me " well mom I am off to an adventure" and I am not going to be ready, I will want her to snuggle with me and rub my arm. I have heard her many times today say she is on a adventure and I have no idea where she got that from but I LOVE IT!! I love the adventure of being a mom to 2 beautiful adventurous girls!!
I think this is one of very few times Addey is thinking about an adventure and not in the middle of one!

6 comments:

The Carroll Family said...

That was such a good post, and totally something I needed to hear. You are such a great example and such an awesome mommy!!

Alayna's Creations said...

We all need those reminders don't we? I can think at least one of those instances every single day when I was too wrapped up in the way I wanted my day to go to take a step back and really focus on the kids. I'm going to work on that too. Thanks for the reminder.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Well, being the mom is certainly an adventure EVERYDAY. It is awesome to realize that you need to just enjoy the adventure. I can just hear Reece's sweet little voice tell you she was "off". I am sure that there will be many more adventures in store for you...good luck!

Billie Sue said...

Life is an adventure and you are so young to know the true way to get through it all -- ENJOY THE ADVENTURE! Some adventures are more enjoyable than others, but the best advice-even for older people like me- is to just enjoy what you're doing so there are no regrets. Being able to look back and laugh is better than looking back and crying. They say the worst suffering is regret! Love you!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Yes, life definitely is an adventure! She is so young and yet so knows this lesson already! Have a Merry Christmas!

Pays said...

She is cute. How wise is she? She has already got everything figured out! hey- maybe at Christmas I will pick up ALL of my items that I have scattered in Woodland! Thanks for storing them for me:) Merry Christmas!!