Wednesday, April 21, 2010

To know or not to know??

Yes I changed the layout of my blog... did you see it?? I never thought I would be adding a pregnancy tracker right now but it is there!! 12 weeks and 1 day!! I went in yesterday for my ultrasound since I was not really sure on my dates and that puts my due date November 2, 2010!!
My last post kinda says it all, and even though we were not expecting to have a baby right now we really could not be more excited and I know God has given us everything we need! Funny when we were trying to decide what kind of car we could get and Wacey mentioned the van I pretty much laughed. Why in the world would we get a van?? Well turnes out it might come in handy. (and I have learned to loved the sliding doors)

So my next question for everone is this.. To know or not to know?? What do you think about finding out the sex of the baby? A little back ground on us so you can give me your opinion on what you think we should do: We did not find out on our last two. I wanted it this way which is kinda crazy since I HATE surprises. I loved every little experience wondering if it was a boy or girl Kicking me and keeping my up at night and the birth was so worth the wait when they said it is a ... GIRL !! I wonder if this time they would say its a... BOY, But I will not care either way. Wacey says we ARE finding out. I had it my way the last two times so maybe I should be ok with just finding out this time. The only reason I am wanting to say no is because we did it twice I know we can do it and I know that it was exciting to find out at the birth but it would be just as exciting a little earlier at the ultrasound. And I keep saying is it fair that we did not find out with Addey and Reece and then we do with this one?? So what do you think should I go with Wacey and find out or wait????

16 comments:

McNeil Family said...

I just need to know. I know not everyone does, but I do. I want to plan and buy stuff and it's still exciting to find out at the ultrasound. It was exciting to know and get used to the idea and know we had a "little guy" in there. Allen really personalized his baby talk. BUT it's a personal preference. However, if Wacey knows and you don't can he keep it a secret?

Tahnie said...

Yeah!! Congratulations Beau and Wacey! That is so exciting! I don't know how people don't find out, I count down the days until my 20th week!

Robyn said...

Beau.....I vote to find out. Every other time you were pregnant I hated waiting.....

Cartier Family said...

I'm planning on finding out because I didn't like getting all of the yellow clothes for my baby...since we didn't find out with Anne (her choice, not mine). And I ended up having to go out shopping that first week home with her since I didn't have very much...don't want to have to do that again if we have a boy. But you know me, I like to plan things WAY in advance! You can do what my brother-in-law did and find out but wait until baby is born to announce it to everyone else! =)

Billie Sue said...

I am like you -- I don't like surprises -- I love to know what is going on! When I was having babies, we didn't really have the option of finding out. I vote you deserve to know since you didn't find out the last two times! By the way, congratulations!

Angelina said...

I like to find out, because I like to have the name picked out and like the others say, I have to know. I like to shop for clothing and such beforehand when I feel better than right when the baby comes and trying to get everything put together.

Billie Jo said...

No way Jose'! Three girls three suprises!!! That's all I am saying! You know my take on it.

Pink Caboose said...

Congrats!! I found out with the first two, didn't find out with the third, then found out with the fourth. So...good luck making your decision! It's just as much a suprise at 20 weeks as it is at 40, but it is fun to find out in the delivery room!

Kamal and Amber said...

Beau,

Hey! Congratulations! That is very exciting for you and Wacey. My vote is to wait and be surprised. My husband would never go for that, but I think it would be totally fun.

Richards Family said...

Hey Beaudee You know me. Always find out so u can be prepared. Besides I think it's going to be a boy. I figure we've had 14 boys 9 girls and one boy one girl and now another boy and then when megan is ready it will be a girl so now it's going to go boy girl boy girl. It's pretty crazy how that's worked out.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! I would never be able to not find out, so if you have the will power to do it, you should hold out because I think the anticipation would be so fun! Hope you are feeling/doing well!

The Gunnerson Family said...

I vote NO. We have done it both ways and I liked not knowing. I guess if I found out on the third that I was actually having a girl I would've liked knowing, but finding out that I was having ANOTHER boy was not as fun as I wanted it to be.

Whatever you decide, I am so excited for you. I know you weren't exactly planning on this special event, but it will be wonderful anyway.

The Cox Family said...

Congratulations you guys! Will I be seeing you with this pregnancy? I sure hope so! I think that you should find out. I like knowing so you can prepare before they are born as well!

Cheri said...

Congrats! So happy for you! I know what you mean about it being exciting about not finding out until after all of your hard work. For me it was motivation during labor not knowing what I was having. It was a great surprise with all four of my kids.

[Stacia] said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! My vote is to give this one to Wacey. It's just as much his baby as yours. I can see how it could be fun to wait but it's fun when you find out earlier too. And for me, that day that I get to meet my sweet baby and feel that overwhelming love all over again is surprise enough for me. Good Luck with the pregnancy-post pictures! :)

Alayna's Creations said...

How did I miss this post?! Congrats congrats congrats!
And my vote is Find Out! My vote is always to find out :) A surprise is a surprise no matter if you find out at 20 weeks or 40. Plus you get to have and extra 5 months dreaming more specifically about that little one, and planning and shopping! :)