And so since I am already totally overwhelmed I thought I better just start with last week and hopefully be able to "keep up" again! So besides my grandpa going in the hospital, still slowly unpacking boxes trying to find the toy of the day (yes I have been in my house for a month), Wacey trying to collect some of our money and going to Oregon, and me working... It was Dr. Suess's Birthday!!!
We went to the Library and got all the books we needed and read them throughout the week, and then of coarse we had a Dr. Suess party!! We made cupcakes, With yellow frosting and some had green stars... for the Sneetches. Addey liked the ones without the stars and Reece liked the ones with the stars, so it just added to the lesson that we should " forget about stars, and whether they had one, or not, upon thars" !! We also had Green Eggs and Ham for dinner and then of coarse ate our cupcakes again, then watched Horton Hears a Who!! I do not think Addey or Reece really got the concept of reading the Dr. Suess's books and why we then celebrated a birthday of a guy we did not even know, but I think they really enjoyed all the events of the week and I think we will try to make it a tradition and do it every year!!
Thanks Dr. Suess for writing great books and eventually , I know my girls will know who you are!




12 comments:
Yeah! I'm so happy you updated your blog! Your blog looks really cute. Great Job! Your Dr. Suess party looks like a blast. You're such a fun Mom to do stuff like that with your girls!
What a stinkin' cute idea! I also love your blog background!
Cute idea Beau! And hurray for the update!
I'm so glad you updated! It looks like the party was a big hit, even if they didn't know who or why they got to have a party! I hope to see more updates, and often! :)
You updated your blog!! :)
Such a cute and fun idea for the girls. I'm going to have to write that one down in my book and try to remember it next year. (though I will NEVER be able to get my kids to eat green eggs and ham)
Look. You're SuperMom, who does interesting, creative, and teaching activities to celebrate things like Dr. Suess's birthday. And then you take pictures, and actually blog them. You rock!
Oh how cute! I am so glad you have updated. There really are times in your life you think you will never get out of the difficulty of it all, but believe it or not -- it really does make us strong! When you get older and look back, you will think about the lessons you learned and how much stronger you are for it. With two such beautiful little girls, it makes the going easier to think of those blessings! We love you and are so glad each day when I drive past your house to know you are there! Love you so much!
What a fun idea. What cute little girls. What a good little mommy. I know that life is hectic, but it is good to see that you are making the most of it!
Cutest idea ever! You are the best mom!!! I would never remember that or be able to put something like that together. Evan might have to come over and play on Dr. Suess Week next year since his mom is not cool enough to do something like that. And you are even better because your life isn't a piece of cake right now. I know things will get better soon, especially since you are plugging along and still being happy about everything. Your girls have such a wonderful example for a mom!
You are the best Mommy! The girls are so sweet. My girls were stoked to see Reese & Addy on here. Oh by the way I found Reese's sock....we were cleaning under the beds! (yikes!) I need an update on your grandpa...Which grandpa? Call me and we'll have a nice long chat.
What a fun tradition to have with your kids! So cute! I think your girls look like you too! Wow, I used a lot of excalmation points didn't I? Oh well, Dr. Seuss calls for fun right!
Are you glad to be back in UT? We should get together some time.
You are such an awesome mom! That looks like so much fun! Glad to see your update! I love hearing about all the fun things you do with your girls! They are so cute!
Post a Comment