Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yes we are Potty training. .. Mom.
Reece has been so good at going potty for about 4 months but I did not want to deal with it while we were moving (and then we did not move.), She does really good and wears panty's at home but it is so hard when we are away from home, Now we are moving (Yes we are trying again) it is so hard... I just keep coming up with excusses.
I keep telling myself "when she goes potty by herself what is next, dating" But I know I should just train myself and help her go potty!!! I might be a little selfish in my holding her back but I know what happens when they start doing all these things. I pushed her down every time she tried to walk.
I guess I will just admit that my kids are growing up. This seems to be a pattern of it being harder on me than the kids.

12 comments:

Cheri said...

Adorable photos of Reese! Kids grow up so fast. I remember with my oldest I was always pushing him to the next milestone and with my last I didn't at all. I wanted her to stay as young as possible!
Good Luck with everything.

Alayna's Creations said...

My first though? oooo you're gonna regret that! Because if it were me when I did get down to business and work on the potty training I would always be wondering if it would have been easier to start it earlier and not let her get in bad habits with the inconsistency...but I'm sure you'll be fine! I completely understand the whole "please don't grow up so fast!" mindset because I am constantly thinking that about my own kids. Good luck!

Laura said...

Good Luck with the potty training, especially while you are trying to move. When are you moving?

The DiStefano Family said...

I didn't know you guys were moving. Where are you moving to? I feel this same way about Treygen. Even though he is only 5 months it is killing me that he is getting so big. Gent is trying to make him crawl and walk and do all this crazy stuff and I just don't want him to do any of it. Those questions Addey answered are so cute! I love it. The girls are so adorable and I like Reece's tan line! She's been having fun in the sun! :)

Billie Sue said...

Ohh-potty training---I remember those days, and yes - it is you potty trained first, but it is worth not having to change those stinky diapers and lift the darlings when they weigh 10 pounds more than their real weight because of a soaking wet diaper. Are you making any progress on the packing? Good luck!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I am already wanting to potty train Jack, just because I am cheap and do not want to buy diapers! Hope it goes well for you.

Those answer of Addey are so adorable! You are a wonderful mom!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh what fun! It's hard to imagine not wanting your children to grow up, because all I want is for my belly to grow and for this baby to be ready to come into this world! I especially LOVED the part about you pushing Reese down when she would try to walk, haha!!! I'll have to remember that trick when I'm in your same mind frame!

Staci said...

What is it with kids putting things on their head? Just tonight Sienna was running around with her Panty Hose on her head!!! Thanks for the update!

Holmes Family said...

This is too cute! It's such a great feeling having all your kids potty trained. Keep up the good work and make it fun, kids learn the best that way!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Potty training is so much work, good luck! It is kind of sad to see your kids grow older, but going on the potty is totally a milestone I love. No more changing those STINKY diapers!

Cartier Family said...

Potty training, packing and having us girls over this Saturday? You are busy! If we can help you with anything...let us know!

The Cox Family said...

I am dreading the whole potty training thing! I also feel the same way about them growing up too fast. Every year seems to go by faster and faster!