Saturday, March 13, 2010

I asked God...

I asked God for Strength,
He gave me difficult times to make me strong.
I asked God for Wisdom,
He gave me problems to solve.
I asked God for Prosperity,
He gave me brain and brawn to work.
I asked God for Courage,
He gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked God for Love,
He gave me troubled people to help.
I asked God for Favors,
He gave me Opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted,
And everything I needed!!

5 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

So true. We usually don't get exactly what we ask for, but it turns out we always get just what we need. I have seen it so many times in my own life.

Giselle Rasheta said...

You are so young to know the philosophy of life, but it is all so true. I hope it makes it easier to know all this and helps understand our adversities in life. I love you! (This is really Aunt Billie Sue--I am at Giselle's.)

Chelsea Johnson said...

I have heard this poem before and loved it. Its totally true and if we could just keep these words in our thoughts, we could get through things a little easier!

Billie Jo said...

There is so much truth to that. If we could only stop and realize what it is we want and what we receive then we could accept things easier. I love you and your beautiful girls. I love that Mia wants to know when it will be Wednesday. I love that we are close enough to be a part of each others lives!

[Stacia] said...

Thanks for the reminder!