Well we are here and Oregon and have had a busy week getting here and in our apartment. I have lots of pictures, but am not totally set up and did not have my camera hooked up to down load my pictures. Maybe that is what we can do for Family home evening tonight!!
Today was Wacey's first official day of working FULL time for RMT international, So therefore I was on my own. I got up and picked up and put a few more things away. I then decided I wanted to try to get out!!I have been proud of myself and I think my dad would be proud to. We got ready and we went to Deseret Book and got Reece her own Book Of Mormon and a case for Addey's. I then decided to get real brave and went to Costco!! We live pretty much in the city but you really can not tell because of all the tree's. To get to our apartment you have to go up a windy hill and it is all covered with tree's and shrubbery. But it only took me about 10 min. to get to costco so that reminds me how I really am in the city. I would have to plan my trips to costco before.
Well I will try to get my camera set up. I have some beautiful pictures of the coast!! I can not believe I live by the Ocean, It only took us about 1 1/2 to get there. I am open to visitors any time!!! Anyway it is beautiful and green here and I will get some pics up!!! I am trying to enjoy this Journey, It is hard to be away from family but me and the girls are having fun hanging out and I am glad we are on this JOURNEY together!!!
14 comments:
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound and that things are going well. And how cool is that to be so close to the ocean?!
Congratulations on Waceys new job. Oregon is such a beautiful place! I was born there and have wanted to go back for real ever since! I am jealous! Good luck with the city living...I think you may find that it will grow on you! Having everything so convenient is definitely luxury!
Glad that you made it and that you are getting settled in. Your Dad told us that Addey said she didn't want to live in the jungle - you've got to love the things that kids say! Can't wait for pictures!
Great, you're here!!! Send me an email telling me what part of Portland you live in and I’ll get you hooked up with places to go and things to see. It would be fun to together when you're feeling up to it. I hope you enjoy Oregon as much as we have. It's really a great place, but there's no place like home! Susan is my sister-in-law. I babysat for her when I was in high school, crazy. And that's how I can to meet her brother Doug. Talk to you soon. mareadydesigns@hotmail.com.
So I'm not sure what part of Oregon you are in but if you're near Portland you HAVE to go to the childrens museum, the rose garden, the zoo and the downtown Portland Farmers Market... Also down by Salem is a really cool waterfall park you can go to... Email me at SpaceyStacey_07@yahoo.com and I will tell you other great places to go. We lived in Forest Grove which was right next to Hillsboro and Beaverton. I'm so jealous.... I have been missing Oregon so much this past week....
I'm glad you're there safe and sound! Can't wait to see pictures, it sounds beautiful!
Brad and I visited Portland last year and it was such a cool city. The Japanese Garden was really pretty-you should check that out sometime. I couldn't get over how green it was when we were there. Glad there is blogging so we can stay in touch no matter how far away you move!
Beau,
Lish probably already told you about our family that lives up there, but I am so excited for you guys! It's such a beautiful place, and I know your family has been blessed. Good luck with everything and keep us posted on how things are going for you! Take care, Jess
Thanks for the update! I can't wait to see all the pictures of the beautiful Oregon coast and all the beautiful greenery. And it's going to be so nice to be so close to Costco!
Hey Beau! Glad to hear that things are going well in Oregon! I'm so envious...I would love to live up in that area. It is so beautiful! Like everyone else, I can't wait to see the pictures!
Wow! I can't wait to see photos!
I just love Oregon too. My parents actually flew up there today to spend a couple of weeks at our cabin in Cannon Beach. It sounds like you live near Portland-where exactly do you live? There really are a ton of fun things to do and see in Oregon. Next time we go up, we will definitely have to get together! Can't wait to see your pictures!
I'm glad you posted. I bet it is beautiful there and can't wait to see the pictures. We have some family up there on my side too. I would love to see Oregon some day.
I didn't know you moved to Oregon already! That's exciting - I bet you're still trying to get settled in and learning where everything is (grocery store, etc.). How long will you be up there? And I'm curious who you ran into that knows us!! Beautiful pictures though. We almost ended up there for medical school --- and everytime I see pics of Oregon, I realize how much I would have LOVED living there! How fun for your little family!
Post a Comment